The legal stuff
This section covers the legal particulars of using the site.
What’s covered here
our service fee
terms & conditions
t&c’s for paypal\stripe.
FindYourKeeper is an eCommerce platform that allows you, the beekeeper to sell your pure honey and beeswax products online for a nominal fee. The fees of site use are 7.1% + 30c of the overall total price of the products sold and is made up of a number of components.
Firstly, the platform (findyourkeeper) requests a fee of 4.2% on the total sale price of the transaction. The platform fee does not take from the Postage & Packaging fees of the sale, just the cost of the products sold.
Secondly, depending on the payment platform in use by the buyer that you have elected to offer, a transaction fee of roughly 3.5% will be taken by the payment platform (PayPal, Stripe) on the sale price of the transaction. The fees charged by the payment platform will be based on the total price of the products sold & the postage and packaging fee.
Paypal charges a fee of 2.9% – 3.4% + 3oc per transaction.
Stripe charges a fee of 2.9% = 3.4% + 30c per transaction.
NOTICE: The site does not calculate taxes or VAT due to any governmental body.
Terms & Conditions of use
Findyourkeeper.ie, (alias the “website”, the “site”, or the “service”).
Beekeeper, (alias the “vendor”, the “producer”).
The following are the terms & conditions of use for the website Findyourkeeper.ie, in subscribing to an account and advertising your products, you, the beekeeper\producer\vendor agree to be bound by these requirements in your use of the service.
FindYourKeeper.ie may update the sites terms & conditions at any time it deems prudent, you are requested to familiarise yourself with the current terms & conditions.
If any changes occur, Findyourkeeper.ie will attempt to update vendors via vendor provided email.
- The products to be marketed on this website are limited to products produced from honeybees, or honeybee product derivatives. These include primarily honey, cut comb & beeswax candles.
- This site’s intended use is localised to the Republic of Ireland. Only products produced in Ireland may be sold here. Honey and honey products may not be marketed if they are wholly or in part produced in a country other than the Republic of Ireland.
- Due to the requirement for all cosmetics needing regulatory testing prior to sale & the potential liability that this causes, products of a cosmetic nature are currently not permitted for sale on the site.
- Use of this website may not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation of the jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland.
- Honey for sale on this website is intended to be marketed based on is location of production and should be advertised accordingly. As such, it is not permitted to sell honey from one region and market it as if from another. ie Wexford honey may not be sold as if produced in Meath.
- This website is intended for use by the primary producers of Republic of Ireland honey and other honey bee products. It is then intended that the primary users acting as vendors to this site are beekeepers, or directly assisting a beekeeper.
- Repackaged or imported honey is not permitted for sale on this website.
- All products submitted for publication will be approved prior to completion by the website. FindYourKeeper.ie reserves the right to remove publication of products or content that fail to follow the sites terms & conditions of use.
- ie reserves the right to refuse use of the website to anyone it deems necessary.
- On completion of a sale, vendors must transfer the goods purchased by the purchaser within the time frames of the listed vendors posting schedule, or, refund the purchaser. Any delays encountered should be communicated to the purchaser by the vendor.
- ie is not responsible for any liability arising from products sold on this website. The onus for having public liability insurance for their products is on each producer\vendor to maintain.
- The contract of sale is created between the buyer and the seller of the product(s) requested. The sale will be deemed complete once the goods requested & paid for in full, have been delivered in merchantable quality to the purchaser.
- If it transpires that the product(s) sold are faulty, damaged, spoiled or otherwise does not arrive as advertised, the vendor is required to offer the purchaser a like for like replacement or a full refund of the damaged goods purchase price value.
- Vendors who wish to cease trading on this website, may at any time, have their data removed on request, as long as there are no remaining orders to be rectified or monies owed, all the vendors data can be deleted on request and the vendors map markings removed. For an account deletion request, email Steve@findyourkeeper.ie
- You may not copy, duplicate, clone, transmit or otherwise damage the intellectual property of FindYourKeeper.ie.
- Purchasers have a right to cancel an order with no justification for up to 14 days (the cooling off period) from the date of purchase provided the goods are returned in the condition they were sold in, ie they are unused\unopened and are in merchantable quality.
- ie reserves the right to remove any content posted to this site if it deems it inappropriate for the scope of its intended service offering.
- Customer data must not be harvested in any way, or to be used for any reason other than to complete the transaction. For example, you may not collect customer data for building marketing lists.
- Customer data may not be communicated to the public or any 3rd party.
- The FindYourKeeper bee icon image, and the name findyourkeeper, belong to Findyourkeeper.ie and may not be duplicated without permission.
Paypal AUP (Acceptable Use Policy)
Last Update: July 1, 2015
Original Documentation Link (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full)
You are independently responsible for complying with all applicable laws in all of your actions related to your use of PayPal’s services, regardless of the purpose of the use. In addition, you must adhere to the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy.
You may not use the PayPal service for activities that:
- violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation.
- relate to transactions involving (a) narcotics, steroids, certain controlled substances or other products that present a risk to consumer safety, (b) drug paraphernalia, (c) cigarettes, (d) items that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity, (e) stolen goods including digital and virtual goods, (f) the promotion of hate, violence, racial intolerance or the financial exploitation of a crime, (g) items that are considered obscene, (h) items that infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, right of publicity or privacy or any other proprietary right under the laws of any jurisdiction, (i) certain sexually oriented materials or services, (j) ammunition, firearms, or certain firearm parts or accessories, or (k) certain weapons or knives regulated under applicable law.
- relate to transactions that (a) show the personal information of third parties in violation of applicable law, (b) support pyramid or ponzi schemes, matrix programs, other “get rich quick” schemes or certain multi-level marketing programs, (c) are associated with purchases of annuities or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or transactions to finance or refinance debts funded by a credit card, (d) are for the sale of certain items before the seller has control or possession of the item, (e) are by payment processors to collect payments on behalf of merchants, (f) are associated with the sale of traveler’s checks or money orders, (h) involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses, (i) involve certain credit repair, debt settlement services, credit transactions or insurance activities, or (k) involve offering or receiving payments for the purpose of bribery or corruption.
- involve the sales of products or services identified by government agencies to have a high likelihood of being fraudulent.
Activities Requiring Approval
PayPal requires pre-approval to accept payments for certain services as detailed in the chart below.
|Service Requiring Pre-Approval||Contact Information|
Airlines and scheduled or non-scheduled charters/jets/air taxi operators; collecting donations as a charity or non-profit organization; dealing in jewels, precious metals and stones; acting as a money transmitter or selling stored value cards; selling stocks, bonds, securities, options, futures (forex) or an investment interest in any entity or property; or providing escrow services.
Please send contact information, business website URL and a brief business summary to email@example.com
Providing file sharing services or access to newsgroups; or selling alcoholic beverages, non-cigarette tobacco products, e-cigarettes or prescription drugs/devices.
Please send contact information, business website URL and brief business summary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities involving gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, horse or greyhound racing, fantasy sports, lottery tickets, other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill (whether or not legally defined as gambling) and sweepstakes, if the operator and customers are located exclusively in jurisdictions where such activities are permitted by law.
Please send contact information, business website URL and brief business summary to email@example.com
To learn more about the Acceptable Use Policy, please refer to our Help Center.
Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy
We encourage you to report violations of this Acceptable Use Policy to PayPal immediately. If you have a question about whether a type of transaction may violate the Acceptable Use Policy, you can email PayPal’s AUP Compliance Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.